VOODOO CHILLY: FANS EXPERIENCE HENDRIX IN L.A.!

11/3/08 I hope you can hear me. ☺ I SAID I HOPE YOU CAN HEAR ME!!! ☺ Last night I COMPLETELY lost my voice at the Experience Hendrix concert at the beautiful but very chilly outdoor Greek Theatre. No, I didn't lose my voice yelling and screaming at the show, I lost it because I've been sick for a few days now and the cold night air certainly didn't help matters much. So when Bill Thomas, my longtime friend Jackie Gilman's husband, came over here to meet me for the show, I'd already lost my voice. So I would not have been able to yell and scream even if I wanted to.

But enough about me, let me tell you about the show. Buddy Guy was amazing! Kenny Wayne Shepherd was fantastic! Jonny Lang was amazing! Robby Krieger of The Doors was spectacular! Eric Johnson was sensational! And Aerosmith guitarist Brad Whitford, a VERY special surprise guest, was outstanding! All those great guitarists, plus many more, and Jimi Hendrix drummer Mitch Mitchell and bassist Billy Cox, played Hendrix music all night! And it was awesome! I'm so happy Bill enjoyed the show so much, and even happier that we got a chance to go backstage after at the end of the night and we got a chance to say hello to Brad and Eric, and to take a couple of pictures with both! Once again, here's my piece on the entire evening. Life is very, very good!!

VOODOO CHILLY: FANS EXPERIENCE HENDRIX IN L.A.!

Last night, the unseasonably cold – for California – yet always beautiful Greek Theatre in Los Angeles played host to an array of hot guitar players, all on stage and under the stars on a crisp November night celebrating the music and legacy of one superstar, Jimi Hendrix, as part of the traveling Experience Hendrix tour. The evening's highlights included Aerosmith guitarist Brad Whitford, former Hendrix collaborators Mitch Mitchell and Billy Cox and guitar wizard Jonny Lang doing a red-hot version of "Fire," Kenny Wayne Shepherd performing six-string magic on "Voodoo Child" and Hendrix influence Buddy Guy smoking on "Red House." Other Hendrix disciples paying tribute to the original guitar hero last night included The Doors' Robby Krieger, Eric Johnson, Cesar Rojas and David Hidalgo of Los Lobos, Doyle Bramhall II and Eric Gales. The Experience Hendrix tour moves on to San Francisco tonight, Wednesday to Spokane, WA, Thursday to Seattle and Friday to Portland, OR.


Peace!

No comments: