GROOVE AT THE GROVE: BUCKINGHAM ROCKS O.C.!

9/20/08 Thanks to my good longtime friend Dan Hogle – who I'd not seen in years until we bumped into each other a couple months back at the Collective Soul show at the Greek Theatre – I saw Fleetwood Mac guitarist extraordinaire Lindsey Buckingham last night at the beautiful – and I do mean BEAUTIFUL – Grove of Anaheim. Dan and I have known each other since my early days at KLOS and now he's a bigwig at The Grove and was kind enough to invite me to any show I ever wanted to see there. Well, I saw Lindsey Buckingham on their schedule and I immediately took Dan up on his offer…and I'm SOOOOO glad I did.

Dan set me up with tickets, parking and a complimentary drink – or two – in the VIP section of The Grove. Then Lindsey hit the stage to do sizzling versions of solo hits, new songs from his current Gift of Screws solo CD, and LOTS and LOTS and LOTS of Fleetwood Mac Classics!!! Oh by the way, I brought my best buddy Mark along for two reasons: 1) he's my best buddy! 2) He's a HUGE fan of Lindsey's guitar playing…as am I. And man, Lindsey did not disappoint. What a show!!! Here's my review.

GROOVE AT THE GROVE: BUCKINGHAM ROCKS O.C.!
With his wife and kids sitting in the front row (and two of his kids joining him onstage for one song), Lindsey Buckingham Friday brought his Gift of Screws tour to The Grove in Anaheim, CA, just down the road from his home in Los Angeles. And as most in the crowd expected - or certainly hoped - the Fleetwood Mac member treated the hometown audience to a healthy helping of Mac classics such as "World Turning," "Tusk," "Go Your Own Way," "Big Love," "Never Going Back Again" and "Secondhand News" (his first encore)," plus solo songs such as "Trouble," "Go Insane" and "Under the Skin." Buckingham capped the evening with two tracks, "Treason" and "Time," from his just released Gift of Screws album. Buckingham's tour continues tonight in Salt Lake City and Wednesday in Denver.

After, Mark and I went back to his house in Redondo Beach, where I spent the night, got up, took the train back to my place, grabbed a cup of coffee, sat down to write this post, finished some work and am now getting ready to greet my cousin Rocio, who is coming over to join me tonight for…….yep, you guessed it…another concert tonight!! BUT, this ain't no ordinary concert….people, we are talking the Reverend AL GREEN and GLADYS KNIGHT…together…on the same stage at the Greek Theatre!!!!!

I'll tell you all about it in a couple of days. You'll forgive me for not being able to write tomorrow: tomorrow I've got to be at the Nokia Theatre in downtown ALL day and night to cover the Emmys!!! My friends, there is never a dull moment in my blessed life!! Gotta go, I think I hear Rocio at the door. "I'll be right there…." ☺☺

Peace!

No comments: