OUR LADY PEACE - RAINE MAIDA

6/25/09 As many of you know, I was fortunate enough during my days at Rockline to help kick start the careers of some of today's biggest bands. Collective Soul and Matchbox Twenty are just two examples. Our Lady Peace is a group who has achieved superstardom in their native Canada, but has yet to break it really big in America. Don't get me wrong, they've done OK, had a few songs on the charts, etc, but nothing to the degree of the two bands I noted above. Well hopefully that will all change with the July 21 release of Burn Burn, the band's 7th studio album, and I believe one of their best. I'm predicting the album's first single, "All You Did Was Save My Life," will well, burn burn up the charts, and make these guys household names worldwide!! Lead singer Raine Maida is another one of a handful of musicians (rock stars) I'm blessed to say is a friend. He invited a tiny handful of people and me to his beautiful home studio here in L.A. tonight to hear songs from Burn Burn. Though we hadn't seen each other for years, it was as if we'd seen each other the night before. Raine is a very soft-spoken guy off stage – and in this case, at home – but he's anything but onstage! And I can't wait to see him and the band July 28 onstage at the Troubadour here in L.A. Again, Burn Burn arrives July 21: trust me, I'm sure you'll love what you hear in your own home just as much as what I heard tonight in Raine's home. Thanks again, my friend. It was great to see you again.



No comments: