GEORGE THOROGOOD and JONNY LANG

7/25/09 Following my amazing night Tuesday at the spectacular Greek Theatre with the Counting Crows, Michael Franti & Spearhead, and Augustana, and tonight's show with The Rescues at the world famous Troubadour, I'll be right back at the Greek Theatre this Sunday for a night with one of my favorite people – and guitar players – George Thorogood. along with his special guest Jonny Lang. GT & the Destroyers' new album, the oh-so aptly titled The Dirty Dozen (don't tell anyone, but George is a HUGE Lee Marvin fan!), is in stores this Tuesday, July 28, and this sucker is packed with more hits (6) than Mike Tyson's fists, and more rarities (6) than a Chicago Cubs World Series win. And I can say that because I'm a lifelong, therefore, long suffering, Cubs fan. I recently had the pleasure of sitting down with George to talk about The Dirty Dozen for my online series called Current Classics Conversations. Listen to our chat here. (Link coming soon!) And I'll see you at the Greek!!!

No comments: